Management of Personal Information
- In handling personal information, BEAJ will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- BEAJ will clarify the purposes for which personal information is collected, appoint a manager, and use personal information in accordance with those purposes. To the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, BEAJ will maintain the personal information of users in an accurate and up-to-date form, and will endeavor to delete such personal information without delay when it is no longer necessary for BEAJ to use it. BEAJ will strictly manage personal information by taking necessary measures such as maintaining the system and ensuring that the management system is in place, and by implementing safety measures.
- BEAJ will respond appropriately and promptly to questions and complaints regarding personal information in accordance with the procedures prescribed by BEAJ.
- BEAJ will continuously review and improve its handling of personal information in accordance with changes in related laws, regulations, guidelines, etc.s
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Personal information collected from users is used to provide the Services, to improve our website and the Services, to conduct research and analysis for the purpose of providing the Services that meet the needs of users, to contact users, to provide information about our business and the Services, and to answer questions about the Services.
Prohibition of Disclosure or Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
BEAJ will appropriately manage personal information received from users and will not disclose personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- When the user has given consent;
- When disclosure is required by law, court judgments, decisions, or orders, or by government agencies, etc.;
- When it is necessary to protect or defend the rights, property, or the Services of BEAJ from actions that violate laws, regulations, or the terms and conditions of use and precautions of BEAJ, and the consent of the individual cannot be obtained;
- When there is an urgent need, such as imminent danger to the life, body, or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person: or
- Other cases permitted by laws and regulations
Outsourcing of Personal Information
- BEAJ may outsource to third parties such tasks as responding to inquiries, operating the website and systems, and processing and analyzing the results of various surveys. In connection with such outsourcing, BEAJ may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope of the purposes of use set forth in this Policy.
- In the case of the preceding paragraph, BEAJ will select and supervise a contractor that is deemed to handle personal information properly.
Security Measures for Personal Information
BEAJ takes all possible security measures to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information.
Inquiry of the person in question
Users may request notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, elimination, and suspension of provision to third parties of personal information handled by BEAJ (hereinafter referred to as "Request for Disclosure, etc."). Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for the procedures for Requests for Disclosure, etc. If a user wishes to make a Request for Disclosure, etc., BEAJ will respond to the request after confirming the identity of the user.
Compliance and Review of Laws and Regulations
BEAJ will comply with Japanese laws, regulations, and other norms applicable to personal information in its possession, and will review and improve the contents of this policy as appropriate.
Personal Information Handling Companies / Inquiries
Broadcast Program Export Association of Japan
2nd Floor, 1-17-5 Kanda Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0054, Japan
Motoyuki Oka, Chairman of the Board
For any inquiries, Requests for Disclosure, etc. regarding this policy, please write to us or submit your request to email@example.com .
Updated 1 April 2022